When Can My Child Start Kindergarten?
To register for kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year, your child must be five years old on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
Families are invoiced for school fees at the beginning of every school year. Fees are due within 30 days of the invoice date. The simplest, and most convenient, way to pay schools fees is by logging in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and clicking on "Student Fees." If circumstances exist where you are unable to pay your students fees, you can apply to have fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees.
2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for Lamont Elementary have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- My child is demonstrating growth in numeracy.
- My child is demonstrating growth in literacy.
- How satisfied are you with the quality of teaching at your child’s school?
Opportunities for growth:
- My child has an understanding of First Nations, Métis and Inuit culture and history.
- My child is being taught knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in life.
- Discipline is handled in a fair and reasonable manner in my child's school.
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Parent Survey Results: Lamont Elementary, Parent Survey Results:
School News View All
Lamont Elementary Hosts Annual Ukrainian Easter Breakfast
Posted on May 2 2019
Lamont, AB. — Representatives of the media are invited to join Lamont Elementary for its annual Ukrainian Easter Breakfast on May 3. Students in the Ukrainian option program, grades 1-6, will be partaking in a traditional Ukrainian…
EIPS Celebrates Learning During Education Week 2019
Posted on Apr 29 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — Students and staff across Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are showcasing the important role education plays in shaping their future as part of Education Week 2019, from April 29 to May 3. Led by the Alberta…
EIPS Students Stand Up and Speak Out at Young Speakers Invitational
Posted on Apr 17 2019
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 70 of the top student speakers from 25 elementary schools in Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are getting set to compete in the ninth annual EIPS Young Speakers Invitational on April 18. Over the last…